OMEGA-PEEK ® Polyetheretherketone (PEEK) is semi-crystalline advanced material exhibits a unique combination of high mechanical properties, temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance making it the most popular of the advanced plastic materials.
OMEGA-PEEK ® can be used at very high temperatures (about +260°C) and it shows an extraordinary mechanical strength, toughness, hardness, flexural strength and torsional strength. OMEGA-PEEK ® exhibits excellent chemical resistance, very good dielectric properties and a very good resistance to all kinds of radiation (even ultraviolet rays only lead to a slight discolouration) and has very little effect of is self-extinguishing properties according to UL94.
OMEGA-PEEK ® complies with EU and the FDA regulations in regard of food contact. These features, added to its excellent sterilisability by means of steam, dry heat and gamma radiation, makes this grade very popular in medical, pharmaceutical and food processing industries.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF OMEGA-PEEK ® PEEK sheet and rod
- High temperature performance – it resists beyond 240°C (the heat distortion temperature is 162°C)
- Excellent radiation resistance to 1100 M Rads
- UL94 V0 flame rating
- FDA approval for food contact
- Good strength and stiffness
- Excellent hydrolysis and chemical resistance
- Good biological properties
- Good electrical insulation properties
WEAKNESSES OF OMEGA-PEEK ® PEEK sheet and rod
- Very high cost
- Load bearing decrease above 140°C
- Not inherently UV stable
- Low resistance to acetone
OTHER VERSIONS/ BRAND NAMES
- PEEK ® GF30: 30% Glass filled – exhibits a very high heat distortion temperature of up to 315°C with a continuous working temperature of 260°C combined with high stiffness and stability.
- PEEK ® CF30: This 30% carbon fibre reinforced grade combines even better mechanical properties (higher E-modulus, mechanical strength and creep resistance) than PEEK ® GF30 with an optimum wear resistance.
APPLICATIONS OF OMEGA-PEEK ® PEEK SHEET AND ROD
- Bearing Shells, piston rings
- Valve seats, gears, seals
- Cog wheels, pump vanes, fittings, plug connectors
- Coil bobbins, insulating housings
- Components subject to repeated cleaning and sterilisation
- Wire and cable coatings
- Automotive engine parts
- Aerospace components
- Woven monofilament
Rods In Lengths Of: 1000mm And 300mm
Diameters:5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm,. 25mm, 28mm, 30mm, 32mm, 36mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 56mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 125mm, 140mm, 150mm, 180mm, 200mm
Sheets Available In: 1000mm X 500mm
Thicknesses:5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, & 50mm.
DOWNLOAD – More information, technical specifications and delivery program